What is NexGard Chew for Dogs 60.1-121 lbs?
NexGard for Dogs 60.1-121 lbs. come highly recommended by veterinarians and have received FDA approval. These chews work swiftly to eliminate adult fleas, preventing them from laying eggs. Moreover, they are FDA-approved to effectively combat black-legged ticks and reduce the risk of Lyme infections. With a single chew, your dog receives a month-long shield against fleas and ticks. The best part is that dogs adore the delectable beef flavor, making it easy to administer the chews with or without food. Even puppies as young as 8 weeks and weighing as little as 4 pounds can safely benefit from NexGard’s gentle yet potent monthly protection.
Benefits of Nexgard for Dogs
- NexGard, the top choice recommended by veterinarians, acts swiftly to eliminate fleas, preventing them from laying eggs.
- FDA-approved, NexGard effectively prevents Lyme infections by directly targeting and eradicating black-legged ticks.
- Enjoy a month-long defense against fleas and ticks with NexGard’s reliable protection.
- NexGard is the preferred choice of dogs everywhere, thanks to its irresistible beef flavor that makes administration a breeze.
- Rest assured, NexGard is safe for both dogs and puppies as young as 8 weeks old, weighing at least 4 pounds.
- You have the flexibility to give NexGard with or without food, and its efficacy lasts for the entire month.
How to Use?
NexGard can be given to dogs with or without food. It is important to ensure that the dog consumes the entire dose, and observe them for a few minutes to confirm that no part of the dose is lost or refused. If there are concerns that any part of the dose has been lost or if vomiting occurs within two hours of administration, it is recommended to administer another full dose. In case a dose is missed, give NexGard as soon as possible and resume the monthly dosing schedule.
For flea treatment and prevention, NexGard can be initiated at any time of the year. In regions where fleas are prevalent throughout the year, monthly treatment with NexGard should be maintained continuously without interruptions. To minimize the risk of flea reinfestation, it is crucial to treat all animals within the household using an approved flea control product.
NexGard® (afoxolaner) is intended solely for use in dogs. The most commonly observed adverse reactions include vomiting, itching, lethargy, diarrhea, and reduced appetite. The safety of NexGard® has not been assessed in pregnant, breeding, or lactating dogs. Caution is advised when administering the product to dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders. For detailed prescribing information and further details, please consult your veterinarian, or visit NexGardForPets.com.
Frequently asked questions about NexGard
What is NexGard?
NexGard is a flea and tick control product specifically designed for dogs. It comes in the form of chewable tablets.
How does NexGard work?
NexGard contains the active ingredient afoxolaner, which targets the nervous system of fleas and ticks, leading to their death. It kills fleas before they can lay eggs and provides month-long protection against fleas and ticks.
Is NexGard safe for dogs?
NexGard is considered safe for use in dogs when administered according to the recommended dosage. However, as with any medication, individual sensitivities or allergies may occur. It’s best to consult with your veterinarian before starting NexGard for your dog.
Can NexGard be given to puppies?
Yes, NexGard can be given to puppies as young as 8 weeks old, provided they weigh at least 4 pounds. It is important to follow the appropriate dosage based on your puppy’s weight.
How should NexGard be administered?
NexGard is given orally as a chewable tablet. It can be given with or without food. Ensure that your dog consumes the complete dose and monitor them for a few minutes to ensure no part of the dose is lost or refused.
Are there any side effects of NexGard?
The most commonly reported side effects of NexGard include vomiting, itching, lethargy, diarrhea, and lack of appetite. If you observe any unusual or severe reactions, contact your veterinarian.
Is NexGard effective against ticks?
Yes, NexGard is effective in killing and preventing ticks, including black-legged ticks, which can transmit Lyme disease.
How quickly does NexGard absorb?
NexGard’s active ingredient is rapidly absorbed by the dog’s body within 6 hours, providing swift protection against fleas. Once absorbed, NexGard starts killing fleas within 8 hours of administration.
Why am I still seeing fleas after NexGard?
If your dog continues to experience frequent flea infestations even after treatment, it is highly probable that there is an infestation in the environment, either inside or around your house. The adult fleas observed on your pets account for only 5% of the entire flea population. The remaining 95% exists in the form of immature stages in the surrounding environment.
There are no reviews yet.