What is Bravecto for Cats?
Bravecto For Cats is a topical medication (applied directly to your cat’s skin) containing fluralaner.
Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations
and the treatment and control of Ixodes scapularis (black-legged tick) infestations for 12 weeks in cats
and kittens 6 months of age and older, weighing 2.6 pounds or greater. Bravecto Topical Solution For Cats
is also indicated for the treatment and control of Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick) infestations.
- Effective prevention and treatment for fleas (Ctenocephalides felis) and black-legged ticks (Ixodes scapularis) for up to 12 weeks
- Treats and controls Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick) infestations for 8 weeks
- Kills 100% of fleas within 8 hours of application
- Effectively breaks the 3-month flea life cycle
- Close to a full year of protection with only 4 doses. No more monthly dosing!
- Fewer doses mean fewer chances to miss a dose decreasing the likelihood of having gaps in protection
Use with caution in cats with a history of neurologic abnormalities as these have been reported in cats receiving Bravecto, even in cats without a history of neurologic abnormalities. Bravecto has not been shown to be effective for 12-weeks duration in kittens less than 6 months of age. Bravecto is not effective against American Dog Ticks beyond 8 weeks after dosing. Bravecto Topical Solution for Cats [prescribing information].