What is Nexgard For Dogs?
Nexgard Chewable Tablets are indicated for the treatment and prevention
of flea and tick infestations on dogs, and can be used as part of a treatment
strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD). The tablets contain
an ingredient called Afoxolaner, which works by over-stimulating the nervous
system of the flea and killing them before they have a chance to lay eggs.
NexGard soft chew is FDA-approved and proven safe for use in dogs.
It helps treat and control fleas and ticks and keeps killing for a full 30 days.
So it helps provide protection you can feel good about.
Nexgard For Dogs Benefits:
- Kills adult fleas and ticks
- Safe, effective, FDA-approved, and lasts for 30 days
- Can be taken alongside heartworm medication
- Prevents infestation
- No messy application
- Beef flavored soft chew dogs love
- Flexible dosing for dogs of all sizes weighing from
4-10 lbs, 10.1-24 lbs, 24.1-60 lbs, and 60.1-121 lbs.
How does Nexgard For Dogs Work?
NexGard is given orally once a month, at the minimum dosage of 1.14 mg/lb
(2.5 mg/kg). The main ingredient in NexGard, afoxolaner inhibits insect and
acarine ligand-gated chloride channels, in particular those gated by the
neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), blocking pre-post synaptic
transfer of chloride ions across cell membranes.
How to Use:
- Administer appropriate dosage per month based on your pet’s weight.
- Talk to your veterinarian for his or her dosage recommendation for your pet.
- Treatment may begin at any time of the year, and should continue the
entire year without interruption.
- Can be administered with or without food.
- To reduce the risk of a flea reinfestation, you must treat all pets within your
household with NexGard Chewables or an approved flea control product (for cats).
NexGard Chewables Dosage for Dogs(8 weeks +)
|4-10 lbs||Give 1 chewable every month|
|10.1-24 lbs||Give 1 chewable every month|
|24.1-60 lbs||Give 1 chewable every month|
|60.1-121 lbs||Give 1 chewable every month|
|Over 121 lbs||Administer the appropriate combination of chewables|
Important Safety Information:
NexGard (afoxolaner) is for use in dogs only. The most frequently reported
adverse reactions include vomiting, itching, lethargy, diarrhea, and lack of
appetite. The safe use of NexGard in pregnant, breeding, or lactating dogs
has not been evaluated. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures
or neurologic disorders.
In the absence of available data, treatment of puppies less than 8 weeks of
age and/or dogs less than 2 kg bodyweight should be based on a benefit-risk
assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
In case of Nexgard For Dogs overdose, contact the closest emergency animal hospital.