Stronghold for Dogs is a broad-spectrum parasiticide medication designed to protect your dog from various internal and external parasites. It is manufactured by Zoetis, a leading animal health company.
- Comprehensive parasite protection: It provides protection against fleas, lice, ear mites, heartworms, and other common parasites that can harm your dog’s health.
- Easy to use: The medication is a topical solution that is easy to apply to your dog’s skin, making it a convenient option for pet owners.
- Long-lasting protection: A single application of Stronghold for Dogs can provide protection against parasites for up to one month, reducing the need for frequent applications.
- Safe and effective: Stronghold is a safe and effective medication that has been extensively tested and approved by regulatory authorities.
How it works:
Stronghold for Dogs contains selamectin, an active ingredient that works by disrupting the nervous system of parasites. It causes paralysis and death of fleas, lice, ear mites, and other external parasites. It also prevents the growth and maturation of heartworm larvae, preventing heartworm disease.
When applied to the skin, selamectin quickly enters the bloodstream and spreads throughout the dog’s body, providing full-body protection against parasites.
While Stronghold for Dogs is generally safe and effective, it’s important to follow your veterinarian’s instructions carefully to avoid potential side effects. Here are some key cautions to keep in mind:
- Stronghold should not be used on dogs under six weeks of age.
- Do not apply Stronghold to broken or irritated skin, as this can increase the risk of adverse reactions.
- Always ensure that the dose you are giving your dog is appropriate for their size and weight.
- Stronghold should not be used in dogs with a known hypersensitivity to selamectin or other similar compounds.
- As with any medication, if you notice any unusual symptoms or adverse reactions after using Stronghold, contact your veterinarian right away.
Overall, Stronghold for Dogs is an excellent option for pet owners looking for a safe and effective way to protect their dogs from parasitic infestations. It’s important to use the medication as directed and to seek veterinary advice if you have any concerns about your pet’s health.
How often should Stronghold for Dogs be applied?
A: Stronghold should be applied once a month, or as directed by your veterinarian.
Is Stronghold safe for puppies?
A: Stronghold can be used on puppies that are at least 6 weeks old and weigh at least 2.2 pounds.
Can Stronghold for Dogs be used on cats?
A: Stronghold for Dogs should only be used on dogs. There is a separate medication called Stronghold for Cats that is specifically formulated for use in cats.
Can Stronghold be used on pregnant or nursing dogs?
A: There is limited information available about the use of Stronghold in pregnant or nursing dogs. It’s important to consult with your veterinarian before using any medication on your pregnant or nursing dog.
What are the potential side effects of Stronghold for Dogs?
A: Common side effects of Stronghold include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, loss of appetite, and hair loss at the application site. In rare cases, more serious side effects such as seizures and allergic reactions may occur. If you notice any unusual symptoms in your dog after using Stronghold , contact your veterinarian right away.
Can Stronghold be used in conjunction with other medications?
A: It’s important to discuss any other medications or treatments your dog is receiving with your veterinarian before using Stronghold for Dogs. Some medications may interact with Stronghold, so it’s important to use caution and follow your veterinarian’s instructions.
How long does it take for Stronghold to work?
A: Stronghold begins working immediately after it’s applied, but it may take a few hours for the medication to fully take effect.
Can I apply Stronghold to my dog’s fur instead of directly on their skin?
A: No, Stronghold should be applied directly to your dog’s skin, between their shoulder blades. Applying the medication to their fur may reduce its effectiveness.
Is Stronghold for Dogs effective against all types of ticks?
A: Stronghold is effective against most species of ticks, but it may not be effective against all types. It’s important to discuss your dog’s specific needs with your veterinarian to determine the best course of treatment.
There are no reviews yet.